When I was little, and my family went to Disneyland, we also had the pleasure of taking grandma with us. My family brought her to help even out the adult to child ratio. I was dressed just like my siblings, in a sailor suit, with a whistle, and bright orange shoes. I thought this is what every mother did when taking her family on a vacation but now that I am an adult I can see my dear Mother is slightly paranoid. As for me, I am an apple that doesn't fall far from the tree so I better not make fun of her too much. Anyways, I was assigned to hold my Grandma's hand. After going on the ride, Its a Small World, it became one of my Grandmothers favorites. The rest of the day when the question would arise about what ride to hit next my sweet Grandma would say "Joy Dawn wants to go to small world again" It quickly became my favorite ride too. I had a music box that played the music from the ride and I would play it at night over and over again for years. I haven't been back to "Its a small world" since my Grandmother's passing. That night, Brian agreed to stay with the kids so I could take my Mom back into the park to see the fireworks. After the fireworks we cruised to the back of the park and made it just in time. We quickly jumped aboard and rode in the small plastic blue boats of it's a small world before it closed. We sat floating along the small canal that weaves through the ride. We bumped and jostled along as the music from the ride nostalgically played in our hearts and in our heads. We BAWLED all the way through with our knees tucked in tight, enjoying all that "Its a small world" has to offer. It is hand's down still my favorite Disneyland ride!
Wednesday, June 22, 2016
2013.03.26 Day 2 Sneaking away with Grandma! Priceless
When I was little, and my family went to Disneyland, we also had the pleasure of taking grandma with us. My family brought her to help even out the adult to child ratio. I was dressed just like my siblings, in a sailor suit, with a whistle, and bright orange shoes. I thought this is what every mother did when taking her family on a vacation but now that I am an adult I can see my dear Mother is slightly paranoid. As for me, I am an apple that doesn't fall far from the tree so I better not make fun of her too much. Anyways, I was assigned to hold my Grandma's hand. After going on the ride, Its a Small World, it became one of my Grandmothers favorites. The rest of the day when the question would arise about what ride to hit next my sweet Grandma would say "Joy Dawn wants to go to small world again" It quickly became my favorite ride too. I had a music box that played the music from the ride and I would play it at night over and over again for years. I haven't been back to "Its a small world" since my Grandmother's passing. That night, Brian agreed to stay with the kids so I could take my Mom back into the park to see the fireworks. After the fireworks we cruised to the back of the park and made it just in time. We quickly jumped aboard and rode in the small plastic blue boats of it's a small world before it closed. We sat floating along the small canal that weaves through the ride. We bumped and jostled along as the music from the ride nostalgically played in our hearts and in our heads. We BAWLED all the way through with our knees tucked in tight, enjoying all that "Its a small world" has to offer. It is hand's down still my favorite Disneyland ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment