Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ode to Neechi!

Our little Neechi dog passed away October 3 2008.
Neechi came about when I purchased him for my older sister. My Mom let me buy him for her (without my Dad's permission) because she was going to move out and wanted a companion. I still remember picking him out with my Mom. Something about him, I just knew he was the one. He ended up being the PERFECT family dog. He was with Jenne for about a year until she left for some Nanny duties one summer and couldn't take him. Then he became very close to Jill as she finished her senior year of High School and then into her college years. Jill was responsible and got him all caught up on his shots and ready to move out with her until her apartment didn't allow pets. Then he became very close to Kip the year before he left on his mission. He worked at the post office on the grave yard shift and at 3 am when Kip got home Neechi was always in the window waiting for him. Then Kip left. He became very close with me the semester I moved back home (while I was married) so Brian could teach in Boise and I could finish my senior year of Volleyball with Idaho State. Then when I moved to Boise I took him with me. He became Brian's little bear cub and would wrestle with him every night before bed. Him and sugar were our babies and provided us with a lot of companionship. In our little boy's 16th year of life we knew there was going to be a time sooner than later. We started talking about the inevitable in May and when he started to get aggressive with Colton we knew it was time. I got to be with him which was very good for me because watching him pass so peacefully has made the transition easier on me. We miss him very much. Colton still asked about him every night before bed time and I tell him he is in heaven. Then Colton will say " Night night to Neechi in Heaben" Night night bubba! We will all never forget your feisty, loyal, and passionate personality. We love you.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Liz said...

Oh, I am so sad for you! There is nothing like a good dog...so many happy memories to have though. Hope you feel better soon!

Snell Familia said...

Sorry for your loss. I remember Neechi!! It's sometimes so hard to deal with life's trials! Hang in there!
Lindsay Snell (Suds)

A said...

I remember Neechi too! Rest in peace Neechi. Maybe he is with my doggy Missy.

Kim said...

I'm feeling very sad for you. I totally remember Neechi welcoming me everytime I went to your house in highschool. He was so sweet! It's not easy losing a best friend, but I'm sure he's having a wonderful time up there in 'heaben'.

Leathers said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Remember the good memories of the love of a great companion. Hope you are feeling better!

Mastrude Family said...

Joy! I am sooo sorry about Neechi. I wish I would have known sooner, here it is Oct 24 and I just found out, what a horrible friend I am. Anyway, I hope you know I am here for you and if you need to talk I promise to answer my phone!
Love ya and hang in there.